Thursday, August 7, 2014

Everyone Hates A Hero: A Johnny Midnight Tale by Gregory L. Hall

I want Stygian Publications to be a success and I want ever book we put out to sell well so that the writers can get reward and recognition. In order to accomplish this, I first make sure that every book I accept is a book I would not just love to read, but as a reader, I would go out of my way to rate and recommend whether or not I knew the writer personally. There are a lot of good books out there that deserve to get published, but I want the books that get me excited. The ones I talk about and want to reread. The ones that when I read them for the first time, I can’t put down.

If I only come across one of those books a year, then Stygian will put out one book a year. If I come across ten such books, I will likely only put out about four, maybe five a year because beyond that, the quality could suffer.

This year I’m fortunate to have found a few books that fit that bill. The first is a book I’ve loved since I beta read a rough draft. Sideshow P.I.: The Devil’sGarden is already out there in print and ebook formats on Amazon. It’s book one of the Sideshow P.I. trilogy and I’m thankful to have the rights to publish them all over the next two years.





The second book is a novel by Gregory L. Hall called Everyone Hates A Hero: A Johnny MidnightTale. This started off as a short story posted on Greg’s former website, Choate Road. I loved both the concept and the character. Greg is a prolific writer that works in many genres, but he has a real knack with the short stories and novel formats. His ideas are off center and layered at a depth that both the casual and analytical reader can enjoy.




Everyone Hates A Hero will be released on September 10th, 2014. Both Nate and Greg will be with me at Context in Ohio, September 26-28 to sell and sign their books. I’ll be throwing a Kolchack The Night Stalker movie night on Friday and a Stygian party on Saturday night featuring a live broadcast of the Funky Werepig and later the return of the Big Boy Dance off contest. Check back for more details, as we get closer to the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment